Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Home again

A distant memory now.

Arrived Auckland Sunday morning. The thought of 9 degrees Celsius, was pretty daunting, but the sun was shining & it didn't seem that bad at all. Janine & I traveled on the shuttle to Tauranga, & the clear, sunny weather made for a pretty good trip. We stayed the night with Chris, Maureen's sister, & Bunny came over the next morning to drive us back to Opotiki. It was great to see Kerry waiting for us when we got back here. Tama was overjoyed to see us, & almost knocked me off my feet in his excitement. After a nice lunch of pizza & Bunny's great pumpkin soup, Janine had to drive back to Taupo - not the best thing to do while feeling tired & jet-lagged. Today I drove into town - reminding myself to keep left all the way. The first thing I did was buy myself a warm coat & another pair of thermals. Now I have to hunt out my things for work tomorrow. Oh well back to reality

No comments: